(CNS)The office the Complaints Commissioner has revealed in its latest work ...
What can you complain about?
Office of the Complaints Commissioner
The 2015/16 fiscal year is proving to be extremely busy and productive for t...
Complaints may focus on relevant topics of maladministration such as inefficient, bad or improper administration. These terms include:
- Bias, partiality
- Neglect, inattention
- Abuse of power
- Incompetence, ineptitude
- Perversity, rudeness
- Unwillingness to treat the resident as a person with rights
- Refusal to answer reasonable questions
- Neglecting to inform a complainant about rights or entitlement, including appeal routes
- Knowingly giving misleading or inadequate advice
- Offering no redress
- Faulty procedures
- Failure by management to adequately monitor compliance with procedures
- Failure to reduce the effects of rigid adherence to the letter of the law where that produces inequitable results.